As a Fractional CMO, I write a lot. From content strategy and marketing plans to reports, articles, blogs, scripts, press releases, and promotional content for events, ChatGPT saves a lot of time and delivers good results – if you know the basics of writing prompts. Personalizing content creation with ChatGPT can be not only a real-time-saver, but you don’t have to publish robotic-sounding content when you use the tool the right way. Following are tips and tricks I’ve learned based on my experience writing more personal content with ChatGPT.
The Rise of ChatGPT
As you’ve probably heard, ChatGPT is a language model developed by OpenAI. While it has many applications, for me it serves as a virtual research assistant, generating high-quality data and first drafts based on prompts I provide. What makes it valuable is its ability to adopt my own unique voice. Just as with a human, the key is knowing how to ask ChatGPT the questions that get the results you want.
Imagine the possibilities for your LinkedIn presence. With ChatGPT, you can effortlessly craft attention-grabbing headlines, create engaging narratives, and spark meaningful conversations with your audience.
How to Personalize Content Creation with ChatGPT
To train ChatGPT to match your own writing style, clear instructions and examples are key. By giving specific guidelines on tone and language, and sharing snippets from your past writings of similar content, you can align the model’s responses with your own voice.
Ready to harness the power of ChatGPT and enhance your LinkedIn posts? To train the model to write in your own voice, follow these steps:
- Provide specific instructions: Clearly state the desired tone, style, or characteristics you want the model to emulate. For example, you can ask ChatGPT to write like you would in a casual conversation or mimic a specific author or publication’s writing style. For business writing, ask it to emulate Forbes magazine, or the Wall Street, Journal.
- Offer examples: Give the model snippets or passages written in your own voice. These can be sentences or paragraphs that showcase the desired style or tone you want the model to adopt. Provide it two or three examples of posts you have written in the past. You can instruct it that the next three entries will be examples of your writing style, for example.
- Iterate and refine: As you receive responses from the model, review them and provide feedback. Reinforce responses that align with your voice and politely correct those that don’t. By consistently providing feedback, the model can gradually improve its ability to emulate your writing style.
- Experiment and adjust: If the model’s initial responses are not satisfactory, try providing more specific instructions or examples. Experiment with different prompts or ask the model to imagine how you would respond in a given situation. Keep refining and adjusting until you’re satisfied with the results.
Practice Makes Perfect – or At Least a Little Better
Remember that training the model to write in your own voice is an iterative process. The more specific and detailed your instructions and feedback are, the better the model will understand and mimic your unique writing style.
A word of caution… When I write, I put my name on my work. Like working with a human research assistant, you have to check your facts before you post. I also will not put anything confidential into the model because it uses that data to improve its own responses.
One ChatGPT feature I would like to see is the ability to create a library of my styles and applications. Currently, ChatGPT does not have a built-in “save” mechanism to reuse your prompts. Each interaction with ChatGPT is treated independently, so the model does not retain the knowledge of previous conversations or your specific writing style. I currently use Evernote for this. Maybe one day this will be a feature.
What’s your experience with personalizing content creation with ChatGPT? Let me know if you have any questions.
A Fractional CCMO for Your Company
Are you a CEO seeking to grow your business? As a Fractional CCMO (Chief Content Marketing Officer), Publio specializes in helping clients differentiate their offerings and create content that stands apart from their competitors.
- We guide clients to monetize their intellectual property through our signature Publisher’s M.O.™ methodology to give you a content marketing strategy and plan that leads to sustainable results and ROI.
- We use cloud and AI technologies to deploy targeted media, generate new business launch new products, and provide an excellent customer experience.
- Our data-driven perspective helps technology, finance, and professional services firms to open doors, qualify leads and get sales appointments.
Curious to learn how Publio can help your business? Schedule a free consultation with us today.
Listen to the Publio Podcast
Join conversations with executives, agencies and thought leaders on marketing strategies that generate ROI. Find us on Spotify, and follow your North Star.
We discuss innovation, marketing, business, events, books, successful must-see strategies, and anything that is positive and refreshing.
If you are responsible for your company’s success, pull up a chair, grab some coffee, tune in and connect with your customer audience.